Become a CBA member
Benefits of membership
- British Archaeology, the UK’s best-selling archaeology magazine. Plus! Free digital edition and back library
- Members’ Newsletter with project and campaign updates and members' news
- Enews with the latest CBA news, events and offers
- Festival of Archaeology booklet highlighting this year's events
- Special events where you can hear from leading archaeologists and meet fellow members
- Opportunities to get involved in archaeology in your local area through CBA Groups
- Special offers from the CBA and leading archaeology publishers, outdoor gear and archaeology kit
- Discounts and free entry offers for museums and heritage venues across the UK
Membership options for adults start from just £3 a month. Join the adventure and demonstrate that archaeology matters to you and order your membership pack today!
Add membership of your local CBA Group when you join to keep up to date with archaeology in your area, attend events and receive publications.
Visit our secure online shop to see our membership options and become a CBA member today.
Join by phone on 01904 671417
Call us with your credit/debit card details and we’ll do the rest. Please note that during very busy times it may take up to 28 days to process new membership orders.
Be a friend to archaeology
Join as a Lifetime Member and your ongoing support will give the CBA and archaeology the support it needs right now to remain sustainable for years to come. Individual £1,200 (£100 a month) Joint £1,500 (£125 a month)
Become a Friend of Archaeology and demonstrate your commitment to the CBA's work by helping us to sustain our advocacy and Young Archaeologists' Club programmes. Individual £300 annual /£900 for 3 years (£25 a month) Joint £360 annual/£1080 for 3 years (£30 a month)
- Individual membership benefits
- Annual Friends event with Director and leading archaeologists
- Invitations to exclusive exhibition previews and archaeology events
- Website area exclusively for Friends
- Regular Friends eNews with behind-the-scenes insights into the work of the CBA
- Website acknowledgement on Friends page and personal letter of thanks
Join our circle of Archaeology Ambassadors, a group of active and influential advocates for archaeology who share our vision and are able to work with us to make a difference. Individual from £1,000 annual (£83 a month)/from £3,000 for 3 years
- Individual membership benefits
- All of the benefits of being a ‘Friend of Archaeology’
- Personal profile and acknowledgement on our Archaeology Ambassadors website page
- Annual Ambassadors dinner with the CBA President, Director, trustees and special guests
- Regular updates from CBA Director
- Discounted booking for our Members’ Weekend
- Personal letter of thanks from CBA President
Join, renew or upgrade your membership online or call us on 01904 671 417
Spread your payments monthly with Direct Debit or make an annual payment. Just download and complete the form and return it to us by post.
You can renew your annual membership using our online shop, or call us on 01904 671 417.
Membership also makes a wonderful gift, so why not open up the fascinating world of archaeology to a friend or family member today and make a contribution to the work of the CBA.
Back to top
Encourage your workplace or voluntary group to support the work we do to sustain archaeology and open it up to everyone by becoming an organisational member. In return, you can keep up to date with the latest in UK archaeology with two copies of British Archaeology, our newsletter and council papers, to share. We offer this service for local societies and community groups, museums, national bodies, local authorities, units, trusts and committees and universities and educational organisations. Complete an application form or contact us on 01904 671417.
Archaeology plays an important in our past as well as our future. We want you to explore archaeology as much as you want to from armchair to hands on.
Here are some of the ways you can participate in Archaeology;
Join the CBA