There are many ways you can help the Council for British Archaeology. Your donation will help us to understand, preserve and promote our archaeology and heritage for today and for future generations.
Help us meet the challenges ahead
For us to continue our vital work safeguarding and sharing Britain's archaeological heritage, and meet the significant challenges ahead for archaeology, we need to provide a stable foundation for our programmes.
By making an investment in the future of the CBA through regular giving or a single donation, you can make a vital contribution to the future of archaeology.
You can give as much and whenever you can. Regular giving is particularly important to support important projects like the Young Archaeologists' Club Branches, which need regular income to sustain and develop their activities to inspire more children with a love of archaeology and the chance to experience it for themselves.
Give a little more every month
If all of our members were to give £5 a month we could raise £240,000 each year towards supporting our work to protect and share archaeology.
- Give a single donation now to support our work
- Add a donation when you renew your membership
- Make an ongoing commitment to our work by making a monthly or annual donation
- Donate £300 or more (£25 a month) and we will enroll you as a Friend of Archaeology
- Donate £1000 or more (£83 a month) to join our Archaeology Ambassadors circle
- Sign up for gift aid and increase the income we receive from you
Give to archaeology now!
You can choose to donate to us regularly in a number of ways
- Donate securely online or call us on 01904 671 417
- Set up a standing order on an annual, 6 monthly, quarterly or monthly basis. Contact us for a standing order form.
- Pay by debit or credit card.
Send a free text to ARCH11 followed by the amount you wish to donate, either £1, £2, £3, £4, £5 or £10 to 70070, eg 'ARCH11 10' to Just Text Giving
Don't forget to Gift Aid your donation.
You can also make donations via services such as The Big Give or Charity Choice. Our Young Archaeologists' Club, in particular, can benefit from donations via The Big Give.
If you can't donate directly you can give to the CBA through your online shopping if you sign up to Give as you Live. The service provides online shoppers with access to 2,405 leading retailers that will donate a small percentage of every purchase you make to charity without you having to spend any extra.
Back to top
Support the archaeologists of the future
The Young Archaeologists' Club (YAC) is the only UK-wide club providing practical opportunities for young people aged up to 17 to engage in archaeology.
Our network of YAC Branches offer a fantastic range of opportunities for young people to get into archaeology right across the UK. In 2013 there were 60 Branches in the YAC network, run by some 560 volunteers. Over the year, our volunteers delivered 588 activity sessions which provided some 7, 800 opportunities for young people. We estimate that this equates to a massive 4,800 days of volunteer time across the whole network in one year!
Help us to continue to provide inspiration and practical experience for young people to experience the benefits of archaeology - and keep giving those brilliant volunteers the support they need, through training, advice and resources.
Your donation to the Young Archaeologists' Club could make a huge difference:
- £10 allows us to recruit a new volunteer leader
- £20 pays for a Child Protection course
- £50 provides an annual grant to a Branch
- £100 puts a volunteer through First Aid Training
Make a donation online today or call us on 01904 671 417
Archaeology plays an important in our past as well as our future. We want you to explore archaeology as much as you want to from armchair to hands on.
Here are some of the ways you can participate in Archaeology;
Join the CBA