The Council for British Archaeology (CBA), an educational charity (287815/SC041971) with a secretariat based in York, is seeking to appoint a Business Support Administrator to provide business support for a range of CBA projects and support the smooth running of the CBA office in York.
Salary: £20,000 pro rata.
Hours: 14 hours a week. This is a permanent contract post. The normal working day is 9.00am – 5.00pm and flexi-time working is also available. The post carries a holiday entitlement of 24 days pro rata with additional days at Christmas and attaching to some bank holidays.
Roles and responsibilities
- Responding to general enquiries to the CBA via email and phone and opening and sorting post.
- Oversight of publications stock and sales, including order fulfilment, stock control, maintaining and updating the publications on the CBA web shop and creating monthly reports.
- Providing support for the organisation and delivery of meetings.
- Ensuring adherence to key policies and schedules.
- Overseeing office supplies and procedures including stationary orders, photocopier and franking machine.
- General office support where required.
- Any other reasonable duties as requested by the Development officer or CBA senior staff.
Responsible to: The Development Officer
The post is based at the CBA offices at Beatrice de Cardi House, 66 Bootham, York YO30 7BZ. There may be some flexibility about how these hours are worked.
Essential upon appointment:
- A ‘can do’ attitude and experience of working flexibly as part of a busy team.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- High standards of customer service.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills and able to manage several tasks at the same time with different priorities.
- Able to work with a high level of personal responsibility and initiative.
- Able to work with discretion and respect confidential and sensitive information at all times.
- Empathy with the ethos of the voluntary sector and the aims and objectives of the Council for British Archaeology as a membership organisation working with volunteers.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office.
Applying for this role
To apply please complete an application form and equal opportunities form and return by email to firstname.lastname@example.org using ‘job application CBA Business Support Administrator’ as the subject line. Alternatively send 3 copies by post marked ‘For the attention of Dr Claire Corkill’ to Council for British Archaeology, Beatrice de Cardi House, 66 Bootham, York, YO30 7BZ.
We will acknowledge safe receipt of all applications received.
The deadline for receipt of applications is midday on Friday 26 April 2019. Interviews will be held in York on 2 May 2019.
For an informal conversation about the role, please contact the Development Officer, Dr Claire Corkill, at the CBA office in York (tel 01904 671417, email email@example.com.
The CBA is committed to equality of opportunity and welcomes applications from all sectors of society.